Friday, November 26, 2010

You can Keep your Pumpkin Pie... I've gone to better things...

I have found a new tradition for our thanksgiving!  Delicious and easy to make...

French Silk Pie

1 c. sugar
3 sqs. (3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted & cooled
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 (9 inch) baked pastry shell
Chocolate curls (optional)
3/4 c. butter
3 eggs
Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)

In a small mixer bowl, cream sugar and butter about 4 minutes or until fluffy. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition and scraping sides of bowl constantly. Turn into baked pastry shell. Chill several hours or until set. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired. Cover and chill. Makes 10 servings.
Note: I choose a graham cracker crust for mine.





For a sugar free pie I substituted the sugar with 1 to 2 tsp. of stevia powder *different brands have different sweetness*  and I used a super thin flour pie crust. Delicious!

2 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!