Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pita Chicken Sandwich

Thought I would start sharing some of our families favorite summer meals.


This is from Taste of Home Low-Fat Country Cooking
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (I never soften it I just use my kitchen aid)
3 Tbsp. skim milk
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions (I sometimes use chives from the garden)
1 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, optional
pita bread
alfalfa sprouts

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, spices; refigerate. Just before serving, stir in the walnuts if desired. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling onto each pita; top with alfalfa sprouts.
Yeilds about 6 sandwiches.
I just use more chicken and it serves more people.

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I'm so looking forward to reading more of your recipes--and it's such a delight to meet another mom of 8!


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!