Monday, April 23, 2007
Almost Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe from The Stevia Cookbook
by Ray Sahelian and Donna Gates
2 cups all-prpose flour
3/4 tsp. sea salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. white stevia powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. LIghtly grease a cookie sheet and set aside. (or line cookie sheet with parchament paper.)
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, and set aside.
3. Place the egg, stevia, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, and beat well with a wooden spoon or an electric hand-held mixer. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
I made these in the past and it really makes a difference what stevia product you use. This time I used Stevita Spoonable Stevia. Also this is rather dry cookie, I may have to do some tweaking of the recipe. But it is the best stevia cookie I have had so far.