Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Loving Granny Before she Goes to Glory

I got to spend several hours with Granny today. Mostly just holding her hand.  I gave mom the choice of taking a nap or spending time with grandchildren and she chose children. :) Sometimes it helps to see life at a different stage of life. Especially adorable 1 1/2 year stage! LOL

Granny was pretty much unresponsive the whole time I was there. J...ust moaned a lot. At one time when my dd 9 was hugging her she said why are you here. And I told her to love on my Granny then she drifted off to sleep. My little guys 3 and 6 first just came and sat in my lap. They were asked if they wanted to watch the movie they were watching, and they said no we want to stay with Granny. Then slowly they got brave and said HI Granny! Then they would run down the hall to watch some more movie. Only to come back a little later and say HI Granny, this is _____ and a few I love you's thrown in! My 6 year old son came at one point and said if Granny dies tomorrow she's going to be dancing with Jesus! And I will get to see her and Grandad again in heaven.

But before I left I hugged and kissed her and told her I loved her and she said I love you too! Which was a gift I will always treasure!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!