Monday, October 6, 2008

Made a Baby Carrier Pouch

Always thought these looked cool and finally got around to making my own.


I saw the pouch for the first time flat on http://www.adventuresinbabywearing.com/. Her video on how to wear a newborn in a pouch. And I had bought the pattern #  3712 Simplicity. Unfortunately I hadn't read the pattern well and it said I needed 60" wide. I had bought 45". (that pattern is for an adjustable pouch) But when I was looking at the main piece of the pattern it looked like Steph's. So I ended up going ahead and trying it for an unadjustable pouch. I did cut the length about 2 inches longer. I did french seams for extra strong seams.
So anyway here's my pouch.  Now I have to decide if I want to make the pouch adjustable like the pattern said.

NOTE: This ended up being my favorite baby carrier ever for newborn to 1 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!