Saturday, August 9, 2008

I am so Excited!!!

My mom gave me a big box of chenille bedspreads. (aka old antique) in it. (2 were parts and 1 whole) There was a white one with blue designs and flowers, a solid pale yellow with line and dot designs, and solid pink. The pink one was 100% complete and in good condition so I gave it to dd 7 for a summer quilt. but I took the other 2 and recovered my crib bumper. One side has yellow and the other has the flowers and blue swirls so it's reversible.. Then I took the leftovers and made a quilt to match! Also reversible. They came out much better than I expected.










2 comments:

  1. Andrea.. these are just beautiful! I adore, adore, adore them... they look like baby linens you'd find in one of those super pricey catalogs, or baby stores. Well done indeed, my friend.


    *trying not to be envious of your vintage chenille bedspreads;)"

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane. My mom and I were talking about it and are both so pleased with how they turned out. No other baby will have what my baby has! I adore it. Don't think that blanket will be leaving the house though... Can't replace it if it would get lost.


    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Love ya,

    PL

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!