Thursday, November 8, 2007

Going Dairy Free

Because of Prairie Baby I have gone Dairy Free. He gets really grumpy when I have the dairy. I thought I would share some things that help me survive. While  the rest of the family is eating tons of dairy.

Some meals I can use a small casserole dish  and make the same dish minus the dairy. But you have to watch because things I used to use end up having dairy. Like cream of _____ soups in casseroles and such. They of course have cream.

Good things to have on hand are hard cooked eggs stored in the fridge and bacon all cooked and in the freezer.  They help in a pinch. BLT's, deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches can be made quick in a rush. And a pbj works in a pinch.

I have discovered a brand at walmart that carries dairy free meals in the freezer section. It's called Amy's Kitchen. Here's a link...
Almost all ingredient's are organic. They use no preservatives. If you can't pronounce it it's not in there!
I tried this one yesterday and it was very good... They have several that are Dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!