Wednesday, April 25, 2007

YUM-O



I found some new Pita bread at Walmart. It is by far the best pita bread I have ever had. And it's actually all full grains! You'lle have to check it out!

The pita bread was so delicious that I bought several packages to bring home and put in my freezer. Joseph's Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread has 1.5 grams fat, 0 cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 10 total carbs (5g diegary fiber, 1 sugar), and 7g protien. That means each pita has a total of only 5 net carbs. The bread is made by Joseph's Middle East Bakery, Inc. in Lawrence, Massachusetts.


UPDATE: I am very bummed my Walmart is no longer carrying this delicious bread. I plan to write to the company and see if I can get it anywhere else. If you have found it at a store please share that stores name!


 


Additional Update: I have found their address and email if you want to try to contact them yourself for your area.


Joseph's Middle East Bakery, Inc.


30 International Way


Lawrence, MA 01843


mebakery@aol.com


Hope this helps!

3 comments:

  1. Paula (heartyworks.blogspot.com)April 26, 2007 at 7:29 AM

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment in my contest!!


    I too love pita bread. Thanks for the tip about this one tasting good! My favorite way to eat pita bread is to heat it up on a cast iron skillet with just a touch of butter on the skillet (for taste and to prevent sticking).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to buy some of this. I wish I read this before i went to wal mart today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where you able to contact the manufacturers?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know who is visiting me!