- Don't go to a party hungry: we often eat
faster and more when we are hungry - therefore eat a wholesome
breakfast and lunch on the day to avoid overeating at the party.
- Watch your portion:
treat yourself a nice drink, dessert, chocolate or sweets without
guilt, but always watch your portion. Go for small portions. This way
you can sample all the different foods. Moderation is always the key.
- Make a conscious choice to limit high fat items:
high fat food items can be found in fried food, cream-based soup,
cheese-filled casseroles, pies, processed meats such as salami and
sausages, some pastries and baked goods.
- Try different versions of egg nog:
traditional egg nog is usually made with egg yolk and thick cream.
Google "low fat egg nog" and you will find lots of low fat egg nog
recipes. If you buy commercial egg nog, you will be delighted to find
low-fat or fat-free egg nog out there - we can even find soy nog!
- Drink plenty of water: Pop and coffee can dehydrate your body.
- Physical activity: take nice brisk walks with your
loved ones and enjoy their company in the